Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fire sprinklers put out hotel fire

Map data ©2012 Google - Terms of Use
Fire sprinklers put out a Saturday night stove fire at a long-term hotel before fire crews arrived.
At 8:08 p.m., neighbors reported smoke coming out from under the door of Room 345 at Extended Stay America, a long-term hotel for traveling professionals at 300 N.E. 115th Ave. in Cascade Park, said Capt. Dave James with the Vancouver Fire Department.
Vancouver fire arrived at the hotel a few minutes later, where residents had been evacuated. Crews found smoke throughout the third floor. There was water, smoke and fire damage to the room, as well as water damage to the room below it.
James said the sprinkler system was able to contain the fire until the fire department got there. This is the second fire put out by a sprinkler system in the past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment