Home Fire Sprinklers
Monday, February 24, 2014
Fire at Knapheide extinguished by fire sprinklers
Posted: Feb 24, 2014 1:34 PM PST
Updated: Feb 24, 2014 2:36 PM PST
Sprinklers put out a fire Monday morning at the Knapheide Manufacturing Co., 1848 Westphalia Strasse, that was caused by a malfunctioning air compressor.
Lt. Richard Kestner, of the Tri-Township Fire Department, said crews were dispatched to the facility around 9:45 a.m.
"We got there and there was heavy smoke, but we went in and couldn't find any fire," he said. "The sprinkler system had already put it out."
Firefighters remained on the scene for one hour. No injuries were reported.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)