Another example of how fire sprinklers save lives.
Combustibles too close to a light bulb started a fire at an assisted-living facility in the 13000 block of 4th Ave. W. early this morning. Here are the details and a reminder about fire sprinklers from assistant Everett Fire Marshal Eric Hicks…
Everett Firefighters responded when an automatic fire alarm sounded shortly after 12 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26. When firefighters arrived, most occupants had already evacuated. Firefighters investigated and found that a fire had been extinguished by a sprinkler head located in the closet.
Firefighters determined the fire was caused by combustibles too close to a light bulb in the closet.
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, “The most effective fire loss prevention and reduction measure, with respect to both life and property, is the installation and maintenance of fire sprinklers. Fire sprinkler systems offer the optimum level of fire safety because they control the fire immediately in the room of origin, help prevent flashover and often extinguish the fire before the fire department arrives on the scene.”